Thursday 30 June 2011

Paul Kariya Retires

Sadly after only printing five TTM cards the ink in my printer was sucked dry.  So there's going to be a slight hold on any new additions to my collection.  I was really hoping to send 3-5 out a week! 


In other news, one of my all-time favorite players decided to hang up the skates - Paul Kariya.  He made his announcement yesterday after missing the 2010-11 NHL season due to a concussion suffered at the hands of Sabres Patrick Kaleta in 2009.

Kariya is an example of how poorly the league handled concussions over the years.  In the 2003 playoffs after an open-ice hit left him lying on the ice motionless, Kariya returned later in the game and score a goal forcing a Game 7 (which his team would lose).

His production was incredible and makes a case for the Hall of Fame.  Kariya finished with 989 points in 989 games; just 11 shy of the 1000 point plateau.

I wish it was possible to TTM Kariya!  But I wasn't able to find much of anything online in regards to success.  I guess since he is going to be out of the game for now it will be even more difficult to get some snail mail his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...