Monday 29 August 2011

2009-10 Upper Deck Hockey Series 2 Box Break

Hey guys, I picked up a random box of 2009-10 Upper Deck Series 2 for 50% off earlier today.  12 packs included in the box, 5 cards per pack. 


Out of the 60 cards I pulled I'll post my top ten favorites from the break under the cut.  Not a lot of hits in these boxes and the photography on most of the base cards look pretty flat.




Devan Dubnyk / Young Guns #462 - The best card from the break; how well Dubnyk will fair in the NHL is still up in the air but these days this card goes for about $5-11 on eBay.

Jordan Staal #299 - From the break I received three Penguins including Staal; Kunitz and Dupuis being the others.

Tyler Myers / Victory Rookie #303 - Upper Deck thought that it would be a grand idea to include cards from another set in these Upper Deck packs, I'm not sure how I feel about it - but I did pull a rookie card of one my favorite defencemen in the league.


Michael Grabner / Victory Rookie #339 - Grabner finished his rookie year with 34 goals and 52 points, his goal total led all rookies, as well as the Islanders.  The card includes a nice photo as well.

James Van Riemsdyk / Rookie Debut #RD2 - Meh.  Other than the fact I like Van Riemsdyk, the insert design doesn't do it for me.

Marian Hossa #361


Ilya Kovalchuk #330
Cam Ward / Playoff Performers #PP2
Patrick Marleau #402
Jakub Kindl / Young Guns #465

Overall I was sorta disappointed in the break, I was looking forward to pulling an auto or memotabilia card - but no dice.  But for a $12 pick-up I don't think I lost out, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I like some of the RC and inserts you pulled...as for being disappointed with no men or autos, I learned to look past that...most of the time if you get yourself hyped up for a blaster it does;t work out...I just come to expect no hits and when one finally does come from a blaster its a special treat

    Nice post though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did alright, flagship Upper Deck is more about the Young Guns rookies than the hits. In fact, I don't think I've ever pulled a single auto from a flagship Upper Deck box in any year, hobby box or blaster.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...