Friday 23 March 2012

Mail Day! 1996-97 Score Sudden Death Jeremy Roenick vs Chris Osgood

It's been a while since I decided to search out for one of these 96-97 Score 'Sudden Death' insert cards in an attempt to further complete the set - but here you have it, finally after two previous attempts at ordering the card - Jeremy Roenick versus Chris Osgood.


The front features a fresh looking Roenick just a year before he headed to the desert and joined the Phoenix Coyotes and Osgood sporting the bird-cage style mask - one of the last to do so.  Just a side note; when Rick Dipietro came back to action after taking a beating from Brent Johnson, he wore one of Osgood's Bauer SK 2000 masks from Osgoods stint with the Islanders.

According to the back of the card, Osgood held Roenick to just one goal and three assists in the three years previous to this card. 


Now... just one more card left to fetch from this set and I'll have them all in my hands, Teemu Selanne vs Nikolai Khabibulin #15.  Hopefully I can pick it up before June, that way I'll fulfill one of the goals I set this past year in collecting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...