Friday 2 March 2012

Online Group Box Breaks

I think I'm going to attempt to participate in my first ever online group box break, you know - those box breaks where you place a bid for a team, the box of product is broken, recorded and posted online.  If any of your teams cards are pulled then you receive them.  If none of your teams cards are pulled you go home empty handed.  Simple enough.


I've been tempted before - at an opening bid of just 0.99 for a chance at something shiny and nice I figure you can't go wrong.  Or can you?  It almost seems to good to be true; a contributing factor that lead me to this assumption is the question, how does one break a $100+ product and let bids go for just under a dollar?  I haven't exactly followed any previous box break bids so it's very possible that all bids increase towards the end to a considerable amount, enough to cover the box price and then some.

Anyone partake in an online group box break before?  Did you so happen to win a jackpot hit or did you go home with the insides of your pockets hanging out, empty top loader-less?  Maybe there's something that I should know beforehand, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I have always been nervous about these things too and have never participated in one as a result.

    If you do take part I'd be interested in hearing how it goes for you.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...