Wednesday 17 October 2012

Hard Hats

A couple of weeks ago I decided to go out on a hunt for a few insert sets that were produced during the late 90s.  One of the aforementioned insert sets that I had hoped to pick up a few cards from were these 1997-98 Donruss Studio 'Hard Hats' die-cut inserts, numbered out of 3000.
 
 



Although I've opened my fair share of 97' Studio over the years, I've never actually owned a 'Hard Hats' insert.   These are pretty simple cards but the die-cut edge around the helmet really draws me into the set.  Unfortunately the hockey helmets depicted on the cards do not replicate the type of helmet the player represented is wearing.
 
 
The Lindros and Forsberg were being sold together as a lot at a price that I couldn't pass up.


2 comments:

  1. I was not collecting at all in the late '90s so I'd never seen or heard of these. Awesome cards, I'm going to have to track some down...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great cards that can be had at a very reasonable price on the secondary market. A lot of prestige players from the late 90s are included in the set; I can't wait to find more.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...